Monday, February 7, 2011

Plastic-Free February: Day 7

I. Want. My. B-Bar.

Family life can be hard. I find that I'm normally running from one place to the other, trying to catch the bus or wrangle my 2 year old into his coat and/or buggy. And sometimes we have to eat on the go. I normally make us sandwiches (wrapped in a reusable sandwich bag!) and take along pre-cut veggies and fruit. I have a cooler lunch bag and also aim to bring cheese if I am extra organized. Pre-challenge I would also pack a pre-packaged organic children's breakfast bar wrapped in plastic. Not so healthy yet not so bad, but a special treat.

As you can imagine, someone was pretty upset that I didn't pack along his b-bar today. Changing our habits will take time, I know. So here's to a healthier, happier and more environmentally friend family. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment