Thursday, February 10, 2011

Plastic-Free February: Day 9 & 10

The milk man. And the best of intentions.

Last Saturday I was inappropriately excited by the thought of milk in a glass bottle being delivered to our door. I had also ordered a number of other organic items including eggs, cheese (wrapped in paper) and bread (in a paper bag). And by 4:00 pm I was still waiting.

Of course I called there support line, but they were already closed until Monday. On Monday at 9:00 I called to inquire and was told it was delivered and no, they wouldn't be giving a refund. (My partner called and got a different story - so heaven only knows what happened.) They said they'd send another order along to us. So on our doorstep the next morning we found 3 glass milk jugs, an orange juice, and ryvita. Not in the reusable cool bag I ordered and missing numerous items.

This is so under-whelming. I really wanted it to work but I'm not willing to wait for a) my deliveries to get sorted and b) sub-par customer service. So I am going back to Abel and Cole's milk. While it comes in plastic cartons, I know they are amazing people and provide excellent customer service. (In fact, I chatted with them about glass milk options on their online web chat system and they said they would look into it. Immediate and generous feedback in real time! Fab!)

Do you use glass or plastic milk jugs? What are your thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment