Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekly Meal Plan

I try to do my weekly menu planning every Sunday morning and love to look at other family's meal plans for ideas and inspiration. So I thought I would share my list with you for this week! 


Monday

B Apple Cinnamon Bran Muffins (I always freeze leftovers for snacks)
L Barley & Wild Rice Pilaf and Feta and Grape Salad 
D Pasta with Pea Pesto 


Tuesday


B Carrot Muffins 
L Quesadillas and Black Bean Dip 
D Slow Cooker Lasagna and Chicken Fingers


Wednesday


B Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars 
L Freaky Greek Pasta and Raspberry Salad 
D Red Lentil Soup 


Thursday


B Eggs and Toast
L Lunch out
D Potato Boats 


Friday


B Oatmeal
L Macaroni and Cheese 
D Pizza Night with the best dough recipe ever 


For my weekly shop, I create a grocery list that I then add to my iPhone's shopping list app and include all our meals (with recipe links) in our family's google calendar. 


As an aside, I realize this plan contains a LOT of pasta as my 2 year old seems obsessed with it right now. But I always choose whole-wheat or spelt pasta and really try to mix up the sauces and include lots of veggies with each meal. I guess as a parent you have to work with what you are given. :) Also, for snacks we usually have hummus and pita, fruit or veggie sticks. I'll write about this in a different post.


How do you plan for your family's weekly meals? Anyone care to share their plans? You can also post a link to your blog in the comments section or write to me at stclair@greenfamilies.co.uk - I'd love to feature you!

No comments:

Post a Comment